As Social Media Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing both Silver Lining’s and our clients’ online presence across various social channels (including Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and TikTok). By creating strategically-planned, highly appealing content, you will help us to engage with prospective customers and drive demand for goods and services.
Additionally, you will help to complete communications for our clients’ internal and external purposes. This may include preparing marketing materials, copywriting for digital platforms (e.g., web and social media), creating content for customer experience modules, editing press releases, and creating media reports.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing our clients’ social accounts across all platforms. This includes the creation of social plans, as well as writing, designing, and posting content.
- Tracking, compiling, and reporting social media growth (impressions, followers, etc) to our clients on a monthly basis.
- Providing assistance with and guidance on non-managed client social accounts, when necessary.
- Managing Social Media Interns. This includes helping with onboarding and transferring over accounts.
- Working closely with client leads to ensure each client’s unique goals are met.
- Overseeing and participating in content creation days.
- Assist with creating, maintaining and updating content on internal and external communications platforms.
- Preparing presentations and marketing material as needed.
- Preparing, composing and initiating various documents for meetings.
- Concept generation – creative thinking, group brainstorming, introducing current, relevant and competitive ideas to the table.
- Assist with research, tracking and reporting for projects and communications activities which may include generating reports and monitoring improvements or changes.
- Media support as required including maintaining media lists, press release support and media outreach.
- Client and media event support as required – assist in event planning, coordination and hosting.
- General team support for new initiatives, and perform other duties as assigned including acting as a back-up for team members.
- A university degree in Marketing/Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related field.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ work experience.
- Strong writing and design skills.
- High level of creativity.
- Strong time management and organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple client accounts at one time while prioritizing and meeting deadlines.
- Big picture thinker with ability to think strategically while paying attention to smaller details.
- Tech savvy with proven data analysis skills.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Adobe Suite is an asset.